The focus of the Derbyshire Institute of Sport is to provide and support coaches to become the best coaches they can be, deliver the highest quality coaching and the best experience to athletes possible.
The overarching aim is to have developed 20 world class coaches by 2020. Our coaches can access a significant amount of support including:
- Observations and feedback – to identify areas for development and support the coach with delivery aspects and soft skill development
- One to one mentor support- through physical meetings, email and phone calls
- Workshops– workshops on a range of areas such as soft skills, talent themes and other areas of coaching
- Coaches’ conference/ coaches’ day– offering the opportunity network with other coaches and a variety of learning opportunities
- Coaches network – online and physical networking opportunities with other coaches and mentors within the programme